Imagine being able to balance growth with fiscal responsibility—and meet stakeholder expectations. You can with Axiom EPM's solutions for higher education.
Colleges and universities today face significant hurdles. Front and center, there's the challenge of delivering a high-quality education to an increasingly diverse student body. Add to this public pressures to expand services, diminishing endowment funding and ever-changing legislative requirements. Further, as costs continue to rise, enrollment rates are dropping.
Axiom EPM delivers an intuitive system that empowers higher education finance teams with a streamlined and flexible budgeting and planning solution, robust reporting to support decision making and industry-specific solutions – all within a single, unified performance management platform.
The Center for American Progress found that the average university spends four to five dollars on overhead for each dollar spent on teaching, testing and research. Clearly, institutions need a more efficient way to control revenues—and costs.
Axiom EPM provides a unique, all-in-one platform that institutions can use to:
- Manage financial budgeting, forecasting and salary planning at the individual or job class level
- Calculate contractual and merit wage increases, relying on the system to automatically apply them to budgeted dollars
- Track and monitor grant budgeting at the expenditure level according to long-term planning requirements
- Review fund balances
- Monitor overall institution trends and individual department profitability with ad hoc reporting
- Evaluate performance using what-if models around tuition pricing, attendance and net tuition per student assumptions
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), including departmental budget variance analysis, FTE counts by job class, and student progression and retention rates